Friday, October 30, 2009

Fractured Lattice Afghan Block

This past Tuesday night, I went to the second installment of my “Tour of Aran Afghan” knitting class. I ended up being an hour late for a two hour class as I was incorrectly remembering that the class started at 6PM and not 7. I felt like a complete idiot, but at least I was able to be there for a little over half of the instruction time. Since that night, I have been working on finishing the two squares that we started in class. I finished the second one, except for the top border, quickly. I love the pattern and could picture myself designing a sweater with it in the future. The other one, however, I hated knitting. It is finished, just today. I like the way that it turned out, but I had to pay close attention to every row of the chart. As soon as I would start to think that I had the pattern memorized, I would quickly find an error! So, without further ado, here is the Fractured Lattice block for my afghan.

2 comments:

g-girl said...

oh no! maybe now you'll remember that your class starts at 6 not 7. despite the fact that it wasn't a happy knit, the fractured lattice block did turn out well. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely! ;)