Friday, October 02, 2009

New "Toy"

Several weeks ago our clothes dryer started making all kinds of noise. I contacted our landlord, my dad, who did very little for a while. He asked that my dh call a repair man. About 10 days later, said repair man arrived. After about 20 minutes, he came to the conclusion that it would be expensive and that other more expensive or impossible repairs would need to be done before long. The old machine was a stackable pair, so both the washer and dryer needed replacing. (The old washer started not working very well a few days before we expected delivery of this beauty.) I have spent the day doing laundry in our new machines. Having a new piece of machinery always makes a chore fun for a while.
At the suggestion of the repair man, dad went to the Maytag store for a new Maytag. I have never had a front loading washer before and am amazed at how little water it looks like it uses. Fortunately, the detergent and other products I was using are HE, so I don't have to give away the rather large amount that I already had on hand. The new machines don't fit well in the old space, so I need to get a curtain to hang over the opening. More to come...

2 comments:

g-girl said...

exciting! I'm all about new appliances particularly washers and dryers. :)

Shelly said...

Wow, a new washer/dryer. Do you feel like you've just won on a gameshow?