Thursday, January 24, 2008

Swing Cardi Progress

I've been knitting oway on this project for Elann. It is the Swing Cardigan from Vogue's Summer 2007 issue. I'm not particuarly in love with the pattern, but it is simple, mostly stockinette stitch and I can easily work on it in the van pool while commuting. At this point, I have the back, both fronts and one sleeve finished. The neck band is knit seperately and then sewn on, and will be the last piece that I knit. Its going well, but I have been taking time to work on other projects as well. I have almost finished a Baby Surplice Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I found the pattern in the same magazine as the cardigan. It has been a fun, quick knit and I just have a few rows left to the cuff of the sleeve. (I have chosen to add the optional extra rows to a turn back cuff so that it can be worn longer.)

1 comments:

hakucho said...

Looks great...pretty color blue :)