Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Progress!




Yesterday, my sister sent a picture of my niece wearing the sweater I made for her! So cute and it looks like it fits perfectly. This one was made from one skein of super-wash wool sock yarn. The pattern was very fun and quick to knit, though knit at about 7 stitches per inch.



This week’s knitting has gone fairly well. I finished the Gwendolyn shawl.  However, I was short on yarn, so I used some red to knit the last 3 rows and bind off. It has been blocked and I even wore it on Sunday.
Starting Sunday, I worked on the Basket Case Socks from Toe Up Socks for Everybody. I’ve knitted several pairs of socks from this book, enjoying every pair. I finished the second sock yesterday afternoon.
Having finished the gray socks, I pulled out the fuchsia knee-high socks. These need to have the top ribbing removed, and then re-knitted with few stitches. They are too big and short to stay up and I haven’t any extra yarn. While waiting for my bus yesterday afternoon, I used a needle to pick up the stitches at the top of the leg, just before the ribbing. It took me a little longer than the bus trip home to pull out the sewn bind-off. In the car on the way home from the park and ride, I knit the first row of the ribbing, decreasing stitches by a couple instead of increasing like before. While watching television last evening, I knit about half of the ribbing. Hopefully, they’ll be completed in just a few days.
Next up: ripping and re-knitting the sleeve on the sweater that is too tight, the hood that is nearly done and finally the mittens.
We plan to order the yarn for our I Love Cardigan sweaters on Saturday morning, I have about 10 days before the start of our knit-along. I may even be able to work on some of the projects from the bottom of last week’s post!

0 comments: