Friday, December 05, 2008

Another KAL

A couple of days ago, I was catching up on my blog reading and came across NaKniSweMoDo. I followed the suggestion over to Ravelry. Once I had read about it, I joined! The challenge is to knit 12 sweaters during 2009 and WIPs count! I have 2 sweaters already started for myself and have plans to knit several more during the year. I made a long list on the message boards, but I have not lack of patterns to knit. I have over 50 sweaters in my Ravelry queue just waiting for the right yarn and time to start! In addition, I have enough yarn to knit about 7 sweaters more than those that I have already begun. I have already had so much fun reading the message boards and adding any projects that others are planning on, that I also want to make, to my queue. Here's what I wrote on Ravelry about my plans:

I plan to finish up my Bountiful Bohus and then continue on Morrigan. Next up is a sweater for my SIL’s birthday, Tangled Yoke. Then, I want to knit Mediterraneo for my mom’s birthday . That’s 4 sweaters in 5 months. Morrigan may not get finished at this point and if it isn’t, I’d like to go back to it. Next, I’d like to knit Celtci Icon followed by Mr Greenjeans, Charisma and Cardignan in Camelia all for me. By this time, I should be starting Christmas presents and will start a sweater for my husband and maybe another for my mom and one of my siblings. That brings my planned count to 10, but I’m sure I’ll find 2 others over the course of the year to work on. :)

All that, and I forgot one sweater that I've already started and not finished, my Cables and Os summer cardigan.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I do not have the courage to sign up for that. I'd never be able to get myself to finish 12 sweaters in a year. I'd get so stressed out I'd not be able to do it. Good for you for trying!

Karen said...

You are braver than me!! I'd be lucky to get three done in a year!! It will be fun watching all of the pretty sweaters fly off our needles though.

g-girl said...

wow, I'm tired already just reading the list of all the sweaters you plan to make! I know you can do it though. :)