Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SP13 Questionare

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love knitting with 100% natural fibers. I really don’t care for acrylic, nylon or polyester. Although, just a little bit added to a natural fiber is alright.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have clear plastic needle rolls that I bought at Elann.com and work great!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned to knit about 6 years ago from a friend that only knew how to cast on, knit and bind off. She may have also known the purl stitch but did not show it to me at that time. The rest of my learning has come from books and from reading online blogs, etc. I consider myself to be an advanced knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Loopy Ewe, Froogle, & Amazon.
I did, but it has not been updated in a long time. I will see if I can tackle that this weekend.

5. What's your favorite scent? I like lavender and mint scents, but they need to originate from essential oils and not chemicals as I am VERY, VERY allergic to chemical scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? No. Favorite candy? I generally try not to eat sweetened (whether with sugar or a substitute) items, however a very dark chocolate is wonderful. I do like unsweetened or fruit juice sweetened dried fruit and I love almost any kind of nut. Nuts are especially good when dry roasted or raw.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am not a spinner, but do know how to crochet. I don’t really like to do crochet any more, but will for an edging on a knitted garment.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (If your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to Christian Contemporary music and Classical, with a little country thrown in occasionally. I do have MP3 capability.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like earth tones and muted pastels. I don’t like very bright/fluorescent colors, nor do I like most oranges and yellows.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? My husband and I have 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do scarves and mittens, but never a poncho and rarely a hat. I also often wear larger sized shawls.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I mostly knit items of clothing. I have made many sweater, gloves, mittens and shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now? I have around a dozen projects on the needles at any given time. I am currently working on 2 of those sweaters that I have cast on this month.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use circular and double pointed needles almost exclusively. I don’t like plastic needles as they bend too much, but I do use both wood and metal needles. I have a few sizes of tips for the Knit Picks Options set and also like to use Addi Lace needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, to both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I have a half-finished crocheted table cloth that was started five and a half years ago. For knitting, my oldest project is a large shawl that I started a year and a half ago.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but I also like Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect? No.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I can’t think of any thing that I want, but I do have a subscription to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I can’t think of any just now.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I am a US women’s size 8. The ball of my foot and ankle are about 9 inches around and my foot is 8.75 inches long. I like a bit of a snug fit to my socks.

23. When is your birthday? May 23

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, of course! I’m danim on Ravelry.

0 comments: