Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Trip to the Frog Pond

I've decided that I didn't really like the combination of yarn, pattern and color that I was using for Arietta, and have decided to rip-it out. Since I have all this yarn that I no longer have a pattern picked out for, I cast on for a pair of socks out of a couple balls. So far, I love the fabric created by knitting the yarn on size 1 needles! (The yarn is Elann’s Esprit. While I didn’t like it so much on size 3 needles for a sweater, it does make nice, thick socks.) There really is a saving grace through this whole ordeal, after all! :) I can always use more socks and don't have any in cotton that fit very well. These are going to be wonderful.

2 comments:

Jknits said...

It's interesting that some yarns are just not meant for certain projects and yet are perfect for others.

Shelly said...

Ah, too bad about Arietta, sometimes that happens. Ahem.