Friday, September 18, 2009

September's Malabrigo Projects Club

This month's shipment from Eat.Sleep.Knit. is a skein of Sock in Abril. The yarn was so lovely, that I just couldn't wait to begin, not even long enough to take a picture before winding the hank into a ball! I cast on as soon as I finished the square for the afghan. The accompanying pattern has cables around the top. Otherwise, it is a basic, top-down, stockinette sock with an eye-of-partridge heel. I have added some arch shaping and love the effect. I finished the first sock just 3 days after I had begun. I started after work on 9/9 and finished it 9/11. There have been many things going on at church, allowing for several hours of knitting that I might not have had otherwise!
By Wednesday, I had finished the second one, even though I spent much time on Saturday knitting a swatch for a new project that I want to start.

0 comments: