Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bamboo Pullover

Well, I have no new pictures, but I have been diligently working on my Bamboo Pullover. Now that I am back at work, I don't have near as much time to knit. (Feeling better is worth it, though.) When I arrived home, yesterday, I had about a half hour to get ready to leave again. My employer, Seattle Children's, was having a celebration at Safeco Field, complete with music from the Beach Boys. They gave me 4 tickets and so I invited my parents to go with me and my dh had other plans, so my mom invited her good friend. It was so much fun to be there with 3 people who knew the music and really wanted to be there. I did take the sweater with me and finished the first sleeve. It calls for very short sleeves, which I am making longer to an almost elbow length. While watching and listening to the concert, I was very glad that I brought such a simple project so that I would not have to look at what I was doing. Stockinette is great for that! I still have about 3/4 of an inch left to knit on the body and then finish the second sleeve. I started the sleeve in the van pool this morning and hope to finish either the body or the sleeve tonight.

When I finally arrived home last night, I was too wired to go to sleep, so I worked with my Hey Teach cardigan to attempt to fix my over blocking of the back. When I knit the ribbing, I bound off the stitches using a tubular bindoff. Because I did this, I was easily able to weave a piece of elastic cord through the edge of the ribbing without it showing. Now, the sweater fits great and doesn't fall off my shoulders. I've been wearing it today and I think I have found a new favorite!

2 comments:

Karen said...

The celebration sounds like it was a lot of fun and perfect for those stockinette sleeves!! So glad Hey Teach is such a hit too. :)

g-girl said...

the celebration sounds like it was fun!