Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another pair of socks FINISHED!

I finished these socks, yesterday. They are the September Sockamania pattern, Noughts 'N Crosses. Yes, I know, from September!! They were fun, but I caught startitis back in September and never went back to them. I finally started trying to finish things this past week and have done a pretty good job! I also have the August pattern to finish, Spiralling socks. Those are past the heel on the second sock. They are a Christmas gift, so I need to get them done before too long.
In the spirit of finishing, I pulled out the sweater I was planning to give my Mom for Christmas. Its less than a third done, so I pulled out another project, the Lucy Top from Wendy Knits. I finished the second sleeve, which I had already started, but the gauge is off. I'm going to try going down a needle size, today, and see if that gets the original gauge back. If it does not, I'll have to frog it. This sweater was originally started for me, but I decided I don't like the yarn. Mom has seen me working on it, and loves it, so it would be a great gift.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you will be busy!! The new socks are so pretty with the black Xs and Os on the variegated background!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks. I suffer from a severe case of startitis too. Been tempted to start a new idea all day to see if it'll work and resisting it as I've got stuff that needs to be finished.

psalm127 said...

Came to visit from Sockmania site. I wish I knew how to make a stole. I bought some lace yarn from Anni now I want to make a stole out of it. nice visiting your site

Susan Pandorf said...

Best of luck on the gauge issue. It's always good to recycle...

Blessings!

Jknits said...

The socks are great! Good luck with the sweater.