Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quick Progress Update

I started the shoulder decreases on the front of the Green Tea Raglan, and finished the front last night! Its hard to believe how fast it went once I started decreasing. I'm ready to star the second sleeve, however, this pattern suggests a needle that is one size larger for the sleeves than for the body. (This is so that the gauge is more similar between the stockinette stitch used for the sleeves and the moss stitch used for the body.) When I started the front, I had to use the larger needle to take the stitches off my smaller needle. (I only have one size 7 circular and it was on the Market Tote.) So, this morning, I put the tote back on the smaller needle, so that I could reclaim the larger, size 8 circular. Somewhere I have another size 8, but this seemed like good motivation to get my bag finished before finishing the sweater. I am a little closer to being finished with the knitting than I thought, which is good. There is a deadline for the bag, but I think that I still have plenty of time. I knit several rounds on it in the van pool on the way to work, this morning, but it still doesn't look much different than it did before. I'm hoping to finish the body of the bag and start the handles, tonight.

1 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Love the color of the Green Tea Raglan. Very pretty.