Also a couple of weeks ago, I received my July shipment for Eat Sleep Knit's Malabrigo Club. I started the accompanying pattern, but my gauge was off a little which made it too big. Then, the stealth project that I have been expecting needed to be started. So, I just ripped out what I had and set the yarn aside for later. It is a dream to knit with, though, and I expect to make a cardigan with the yarn. I will need to be short sleeved and not too long as there are only 5 hanks, but I would still enjoy it and wear it often.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
A couple weeks ago, I was at Village Yarn and Tea on a day where they had marked their clearance yarns an extra 40% off. When I saw this beautiful, dark fuscia colored MerLin, I snatched it up! I am thinking of making either a summer top or a shawl with it. It would make a lovely shawl for when the weather cools this fall.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Here is my finished Mia Bella Shawl. It is lace weight with many, many beads around the edge. I made the version that is just a little bit more than half a circle and absolutely love it! I have been wearing it several times a week. It is great for cooler, summer mornings. (I have just adjusted my work schedule and am now arriving at work at 6:30 AM, so I often need just a little something!)
Friday, July 10, 2009
I have been working on the Mia Bella Shawl. The last piece of the pattern was released several weeks ago. I was on par to finish within a week of the release of the last clue, until I ran out of beads about the beginning of week 6 of 8. After ordering more, it took a while to go back to knitting on the shawl. I have had them for about 2 weeks, now. These last two clues have taken quite a long time, and I’m not finished, yet! It is a very fun and challenging knit and I look forward to starting another of her shawls once things are a little calmer. The beads are spectacular and I am getting many comments on how intricate the knitting looks.
Soon, I will be working as quickly as possible on a stealth project, so I won’t have much progress that I can blog about for a while, but will try to show of some new stash that I am expecting!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Over the past week, I have been working on some non-new projects. My purple, short-sleeved sweater (Ravelry name: Spring Pullover) has seen much progress. Yesterday, I finished the front and will continue on to the back today!
Posted by Danielle at 7/08/2009 06:50:00 AM
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Saturday, July 04, 2009
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love 100% natural yarns like wool, alpaca, silk, cotton, hemp, etc. I really do not like knitting with acrylics or blends where more than 20% of the fiber is synthetic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have these to hold my needles when not in use.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting about years (I think!) I would consider myself to be an advanced knitter. I've tried nearly every technique that I've ever read/heard about. Some I've loved, others, not so much.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes: here, here and here.
5. What's your favorite scent? I love lavender, mint or coconut from natural oils. I get migraines around chemical scents so I have to be very careful.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't usually eat sugar and don't have a favorite candy. However, I love nuts, dried fruit (without any sweeteners) teas and coffee (especially those that are without caffeine, but I like them all!)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I also scrapbook, crochet, read and enjoy photography, but mostly I just knit.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I usually listen to soft music by Christian artists or Classical. Once in a while I'll put on a little opera or country music. My MP3 player is broken and I have not replaced it, yet, but I can listen on the computer.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are nearly any color that it muted. In knitting, I use mostly blues, pinks, purples and neutrals. My least favorites are those that are very bright (think fluorescent!)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have 2 cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all of these except ponchos. I prefer shawls for cooler days.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Last year, I knit many, many pairs of socks. This year, have been knitting sweaters almost exclusively. I usually have several sweaters and a pair of socks on the needles at any given time. What I really need, now, is motivation to finish some of the projects that I have started!
13. What are you knitting right now? I have several sweaters, a couple pairs of socks on the needles and a beaded, lace weight shawl on the needles as well as several other projects that are hibernating, just waiting for me to feel inspired.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course! Face cloths and socks make great gifts for me.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular for sure. I mostly use Addi Lace needles or my metal Knit Picks Options.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 18 months?
18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving or maybe Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits and there are a couple of knitting books on my wish list. There are also several sweater patterns from Twist Collective that I would like to have. The patterns that I like are in my Ravelry queue.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm always looking for something new, but cannot think of any that I haven't tried and would like to try.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I do knit socks. 8-3/4 inches circumference and 9 inches long.
23. When is your birthday? May 23
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, I am on Ravelry. My ID is danim.